- Recipe for 2 sandwiches
- Your favorite roll or bread
- 1-2 tbs. of hummus spread on one or both slices of bread
- Sauté the below ingredients in avocado or olive oil with ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of leeks (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup of yellow onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 zucchini (diced)
- Pile veggies on top of bread and hummus
- Add 1 cup of lēf Farms greens (split between both sandwiches)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1-2 tbs. of your favorite dressing (I used sesame tahini) Dressing is totally optional!
This recipe created for lēf
by Lindsay Aloise Graf
Lindsay is the creator of the blog, livingwith4fromscratch.com, and Instagram account, @livingwith4fromscratch. As a mother of four, she specializes in developing healthy, kid-approved recipes. She has a passion for cooking with fresh, local ingredients, and is a self-taught food stylist.
Very few mouth-watering
salads start with a
seven day roadtrip.
Did you know that nearly 95% of the greens most people eat come all the way from California, Arizona and Mexico? That’s not exactly nearby, nor is it a recipe for freshness. Even many so-called “local” greens are really West Coast-grown — they just get new packaging slapped on at an East Coast repacking operation. After they’ve taken a long ride in the back of a shipping truck.
We think greens need to be grown where they’ll be eaten, so they hit your plate at the peak of freshness. That’s why all lēf greens are hydroponically grown right here in the heart of New England. They’ll get to you within 24 quick hours of being harvested. And they’ll change your perception of just how fresh, healthy and flavorful local greens can actually be.